Thursday, March 18, 2010

Racism in our daily lives...

Our company decided to fund a scholarship and:
Preference will be given to women and applicants of minority heritage; if no eligible female or minority student applies, a total of two scholarships will be awarded to other students.

This blatant racism was brought to my attention by none other than my boss, who found it insulting that he (being a white male) would be considered a second-class citizen in the eyes of his employer. While this was being discussed amongst us,  I took advantage of the situation, trying to recruit some of my co-workers to join me downtown with signs denouncing anti-white discrimination (though not, specifically, our employer).  There were no serious takers though.  One man equated such a protest with being neo-Nazi or skin-head.  It was asked why it is considered alright to discriminate against whites so openly and to such a degree.  My answer was, of course, that it is because only whites allow themselves to be trampled upon.

8 comments:

  1. Make a threat to quit your job based on this scholarship. However, I would not call it racism just because preference is given to non-Whites. That is careless name-calling that is indicative of what the other side does to us..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya if whites protested antiwhite racism there would be less antiwhite racism. But I guess most white people are more scared of being called a kook than they are of being discriminated against.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone called you a neo-Nazi? Are you serious? More appropriately, was he or she serious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He didn't call me personally a neo-Nazi. He just implied that neo-Nazis are always associated with any pro-white activism. I guess he was saying that, even though I'm not a neo-Nazi, if I demonstrated, neo-Nazis would join me and I would be guilty by association. He wasn't making a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If a private individual, or organization, chooses to create a scholarship for whatever ethnic group, then I would agree that this would not be racism. However, the fact that practically every major company and corporation in the U.S. has such programs (or participates in such programs) is a clear indication that much more than "free will" is at work here. I believe there is a lot of governmental, and quasi-governmental, pressure applied to companies to "do something" for minorities. At the same time, anything they might do for whites would be immediately attacked as "racist" and exclusive.

    Another example of this type of non free will would be a scenario where only charities for "minorities" would be tax deductible. If we then find people donating almost exclusively to "minority" charities, this would not be "free will" but a form of coercion or extortion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to be precise the activism you spoke of was not pro-white activism. You were speaking of anti-antiwhite activism.

    Lots of people associate naziism with pro-white activism and so the term anti-antiwhite activism is better to use when it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Patrick is tying himself in knots. anti-antiwhite activism is pro-white activism, and nothing to be ashamed of. After all, nobody here is proposing that we invade Poland or put anyone into concentration camps.

    ReplyDelete