Saturday, March 20, 2010

Using "A Conversation About Race" effectively

A few months ago, I purchased "A Conversation About Race" and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Within a short time, I had no less than six people watch it at my home.  After mentioning it to my boss, I offered to lend him the DVD.  He found it thought-provoking and agreed with Greg Bodeker on just about every count.  Since then, I've had at least ten other co-workers borrow the DVD and watch it.  In fact, it hasn't seen the doors of my home in several months.  It seems to me that this valuable tool would be wasted gathering dust on a shelf somewhere.  My point, in all this, is not to brag but to encourage my readers to do the same.  It's probably a good idea to make sure that all transfers, of the DVD, take place outside of your actual work environment.  The parking lot might be a good place.  It's probably also a good idea to avoid drawing the attention of non-whites - just so you won't have to do any unnecessary explaining.

1 comment:

  1. The video isn't particularly controversial. And I can't imagine an unprejudiced person objecting to it. But your advice about keeping it outside of the office is good.

    ReplyDelete