Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The hidden hatchet

This post is merely an account of an interesting thing that took place recently.  I happened to notice that some people across the street (who I do not know) had put out some outdoor furniture including a recliner and some chairs.  There was a sign on them stating they were free for the taking.  I figured it would be nice to have them with summer on the way, so I dragged them back home.

The recliner had a thin mattress over it and, not wanting it to get ruined in the rain, I removed it to keep it indoors until the weather improved.  Lo and behold... this is what was hidden inside the recliner:


Yes that's right.  There was a hatchet hidden inside the recliner!  Which of you can come up with an explanation for that?  No, there was no blood on the hatchet that I could see.

2 comments:

  1. I'd probably walk back over to their place and knock on their door to return it. If they don't answer, i'd put it back where I got the outdoor furniture from. Although depending on where you live, people might not take it too well that a man with an axe is wandering about. So perhaps cover it in a towel or something.

    You don't even need to touch the thing to get your prints on it if your that paranoid, because who knows, maybe you did pick up a murder weapon afterall lol . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably just a self defense weapon.

    ReplyDelete